Thursday, September 11, 2008

I am home all alone. Well the cat is somewhere?? Ryan is at school, Kevin just left for a golf trip with his Dad and my girls are at the groomers. I got some cleaning done and some scrapping. I have gotten about 12 pages done in the last 3 days. I am so excited. i really needed the down time, just me doing something I love. My scrap room is still a mess from when it flooded and we had to move everything out and pull up the carpet. BUT I have gotten a lot of stuff moved back in and decided to reward myself with some pages. I need to work on it a lot, hopefully this weekend. Ryan has another birthday party this Saturday and is going to Kings Island on Sunday so I should have some time.

I am going to be the den leader for Ryan's cub scout den. We had too many boys to have 1 den and no one else had the time to be a leader so it comes down to me. I have been doing so much research and training, my head is spinning. I have never even been to a den meeting before. Pray for me!! I need the help. I do have a plan now so I feel better. It should be a lot of fun for the boys. Just a lot of work for me!

Ryan is doing well with school. I kind of like the homework every night. We have a set time and that is when he has to sit down and do it. Most of the time he knows it is work time and doesn't argue. He has to read a lot and I am amazed at how well he reads.

Nothing else really going on. Chow !

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Ahh, a quiet house.......I bet that's strange for you huh!? I hate it when it's quiet, when I am home by myself I have to have music on or the tv on even if I'm not watching just for the noise! ha ha I guess you get used to the noise and it's weird without it.

A den leader!? wow, big job but I bet you will do great!!! Cam was a cub and boy scout but I don't know much about the stuff since it was more of a father and son experience that J did with him. I just attended the big events. Lets see some pics of your scrap pages!

Amanda said...

You are going to be an awesome den leader! Those are some lucky boys!!
I hope that you are enjoying your time alone. I have a goal to get some scrapping done this week. We will see if it happens!
Have some wonderful, nuturing time!

SamandSawyersMom said...

wow. we just saw a yard sign for cub scouts that we might call on.

that is right up your alley.

i end up being the leader of everything too but the only problem is my son needs me not to be sometimes with not going ot school.

Amanda said...

Is that a new family picture? I love it!

Char said...

Wow, I love those times alone with the quiet! Have a nice time. Scrapping sounds fun! 12 pages is good! Are they Disney ones?
The girls look very pretty today after their grooming yesterday. :)
I guess it's not quiet now today, is it? haha!
A den leader sounds like a fun thing for you. I bet you will love it. It will be a lot of work, but it'll be neat!
I'm glad Ryan is doing well in school. That's great!!