Sunday, March 14, 2010

Maple Madness



He much braver than his Mommy!! But I got close enough to get the pics and I even pet the snakes!!

I love the way he looks down at the lizard with such love.

We went to the Maple Madness celebration at the Cincinnati Nature Center. We worried it wouldn't be worth the trouble with the rain and mud but we had a BLAST!! For Ryan that highlight was the Cincinnati Herp Society, they brought reptiles for people to see. Ryan loved seeing and holding the animals. He just fell in love with a huge monitor lizard named Savannah. We went back 3 times to see the animals, Ryan spent a lot of time talking to the people running it. I think he ios going to join their group and then volunteer for them. He would even get to go to things like the Nature Center and work with the animals. He is so excited. We did a lot of other things I will post about later. He really wanted me to post about Savannah. I really liked the lizard too, it was very sweet! I will post pioneer and maple syrup pics later.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah, he is very brave for holding the lizard and having the snake draped around is neck. I would never be able to do that.

Cheryl said...

I would have held the lizard but not the snakes!!