Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Day From Hell

Well today I had a day from Hell and not from the Cayman Islands. Kevin had his surgery today and had to be there at 6AM, and Ryan insisted on going. He likes mornings as much as me, NOT AT ALL! Anyway I packed tons of toys and snacks luckily. We figured we would be home by about noon, well Ryan was at the hospital for over 9 hours. Kevin and I were there for over 13 hours for a surgery that took about an hour and 15 minutes. It was horrible, I had about 3 hours sleep and just wanted to go to bed. No-one would tell me anything until I threatened their lives and I was in the hospital where the last time Kevin had surgery it took really long and they told me he had cancer. Plus I had to keep a 5 year old still, quiet and happy. Surprisingly he was an angel, thank God when I really need him to be good he can. He freaked out when he saw Daddy's IV, and when I told him Daddy wasn't coming home and he had too, he lost it. Very quietly but a very hurtful heartbreaking cry, where the silent little tears roll down those little cheeks. It broke my heart and I knew Kevin would be worried about him. I took him to my Mom and he cried when I had to leave so she asked what would make him happy and he said going to Aunt Sonya's, so off they went. Well after 13 hours the hospital got their act together and let Kev come home. All ended well it was just a LONG HARD day. Bring on Christmas, I am so ready. Oh I did take pictures of course but I left the camera in the car so I will post them tomorrow.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow, that was a long day! I'm glad Kevin made it through the surgery okay and is home now.....it will be a good Christmas!

SamandSawyersMom said...

By the way, Ryan didn't choose me, he chose my children. He was mad at mom for not stopping by his house (WAY out of the way) to get his guitar so he could sing for us.

snart said...

I’m glad it all went well albeit long and worrisome. You’re a great wife, Cheryl. The question is: “Does Kevin deserve you?”