Friday, June 6, 2008

ON the road again...

We picked David up and were on the road by about 11:30am. Dad and Julia are about 3 hours a head of us. We have had a pretty good ride so far. we are just outside of Knoxville, Dad and Julia are going through Atlanta. We were planning to stop and have lunch at the beautiful Welcome Center just inside Tennessee and when we got there it was closed and they have a temporary one a mile or so down the road. Well it was not my beautiful park like rest area. We stopped and had lunch anyway but it was a quick stop. We packed a picnic so it was fun. Our van is loaded up...I mean totally full. But we won't be bringing a lot of it back with us. I have cases of water and pop, tons of food and stuff like that. We wrote on our windows with a window marker. People have been staring, some wave and other ask if they can get in the back. I like this blogging at 70 miles an hour! I must go now and catch up on your lives. Post a lot int he next 8 hours to amuse me. Chow ladies.

Pictures to come later.

4 comments:

kellerie said...

have a great trip! it sounds like you are fun travellers. it's cool you get internet in the car

Amanda said...

Disney here you come! I hope that the ride was fun and uneventful. I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Have a wonderful time!
Hope you see Alan Alda!!!!

Carrie said...

What did you write on your windows?

I am glad you are staying in touch with us too so we are along the ride with you!

Char said...

Have a great time! I know you will.