Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ramblings

Not a lot going around here. Nothing new. We have less then 60 days until Disney!! We are getting things ready and getting excited. We got our trader pins and are buying things to embroider, I need a few new t-shirts. And I am going to make a little trading thing just for kids. So we can trade to little kids in the parks and down town Disney.

Ryan got all O's on his report card. that stands for outstanding...instead of A's...weird I know. we are so proud of him!! he has worked very hard!

I started a "diet" 2 weeks ago. I am not following any rel diet, just cutting back a bit, NO POP, not eating to late and going to go to the gym. I have lost at least 11 pounds. My scale is crazy so I don't know for sure what I lost the first week, but have been using the scale at the gym now and I lost 9 pounds this past week. Yay me. i have never dieted or even cut back before. It is hard sometimes but I want to make a total life change, not just lose weight for an occasion and go right back up again. Let's hope I can do it.

To answer Crystal's question from a long time ago. Yes, Violet has calmed down, well for Violet. Compared to Mira no one is calm, she is basically in a coma most of them time. But Violet is old enough to stay out of her cage now, except when she wants to go in or is in trouble. I would like another one now. It isn't going to happen, my husband thinks I'm nuts. But now that neither of them is in the cage, I want a puppy. I guess it is kinda like when your baby moves out of the crib or gets potty trained, you want another baby. Or maybe I am trying to make up for the fact that I can't have what I really want...another baby. Honestly puppies are harder but for a much shorter time!! Only a couple of house training weeks. boy, this turned into a very long answer to has Violet calmed down. Sorry...I babble!!

Nothing else really going on. I hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather. It is going to get cold and rainy soon.

6 comments:

Char said...

Wow, 60 days!! I'm so jealous!! Everyone is going to Disney. I hope it's "in the water" and I get to go next! haha! :)
That's a great idea - making a trading pin thing for little kids to trade with you. What a nice idea.

Yeah Ryan!!!

Congrats on the 11 pounds. I am trying to do like you - changing life instead of a diet. I got an elliptical a couple weeks ago and I love it! It's taken me awhile to work up to 5 minutes at a time, but I'm doing it. My legs start hurting and I have to take a break after 5 minutes! haha! I know I'll work up to more. It just takes time.
Awww - we would love a puppy! We just can't do it yet. Plus our cats would not like us anymore. haha! When we do get a puppy, they are going to have to just get used to it.
Have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Violet has calmed down and is out of a cage! That's awesome!

I say, if you are the one who will be home to do all the work with the new puppy, go for it! As much as you and Ry love animals, another puppy would be so much fun for you. You have the time and money for it, so do it girlfriend!

That's awesome about Ry!!! CONGRATS RYAN!!! I haven't gotten any official grades for Daws yet since he hasn't been in the school long enough but he's doing so much better now! I hope his report card reflects it.

Congratulations on the 11 pounds, that's sooo awesome! I would love to have a piece of equipment to work out here at home. I can't afford a gym membership so I wish I had a treadmill or something.....I would run everyday while watching GH! ha ha

Cheryl said...

I told kev if I had a machine here I would walk through my soaps. That would be much better. Although my gym has tv's on each machine, which is nice!

Charity I made it 11 minutes on the elliptical machine today. I was proud, that was after 20 minutes on the treadmill!

Char said...

Oh wow!! 11 minutes! That is just awesome! Now I feel like a total wimp. The top of my legs start hurting pretty badly. I'm ok everywhere else, but man do my legs start burning.
I did 6 minutes today and I could have gone on longer, easy, except for the legs! Ouchy!

You go girlfriend!!! Woohoo!

SamandSawyersMom said...

good job onyournondiet my space barisnltworking

Carrie said...

The countdown to Disney is on! Very exciting.

Good luck with the "diet" Thats great you have lost 11 pounds already.

We are kind of getting the itch for another dog too, but only one that is potty trained. I love puppies, but I hate the housebreaking!