Thursday, April 3, 2008

Transportation Day











Today was transportation day at Ryan's school. The Blackhawk Helicopter was of course the big hit at always. But they had tons of other vehicles there for the kids to get in and look around. One was a bit creepy....a hurse. The kids had no idea what it was. There was a firetruck, ambulance and another EMT unit thing, police car and motorcycle, a coast guard boat, a cement truck, tree trimming truck with the huge bucket that goes up, police horses, an old mustang and the channel 5 news helicopter. In fact the school and the blackhawk will be on the news tonight. I couldn't be there this morning so Ryan took his camera with him. He took completely different pictures than I would have. We have pictures of all the dials and seats, the helmet the "army Guys" wear, the camera from channel 5...lots of other stuff too. I was there in the afternoon to see everything and take pictures. But I missed Ryan's class going through everything. The man in the big bucket is Ryan's principle and the woman is his teacher from last year.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh that is too cool!!! I remember you posting about this event last year!! Oh, I would have LOVED to get in that thing that goes way up in the air......too cool! Having a hurse there is pretty creepy and I would think it would prompt some pretty tough questions from the kids......yikes! Kid's definitely take some pretty interesting choice of pictures! ha

Crystal said...

Who are all these new friends you have???

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh that was cool. Thanks for inviting us. So awesome

Carrie said...

That is really neat! I wish I would have read this before this morning so I could have watched for it on the news lastnight.
Very neat pictures!!

Char said...

That is so very cool!! We would have loved seeing all of that. I think it's so neat that they let you sit in them and play. :)
I'm amazed by the amount of vehicles that they brought. That is way neat!!