Monday, July 21, 2008

Cub World Fun With Son













We had so much fun at our Fun With Son weekend. Ryan got to do so many things he has never done before and over came a lot of fears! They played many group games where they had to work as a team to succeed the first night. They also had a welcoming camp fire where the staff did skits and sang songs, (boy did that bring back camp memories!) The next morning we were playing extreme kickball at 9am! It was parents against the kids, the kids got 6 outs and we got 3 outs. Also the cub scout got to tell the parent how they had to run the bases. One poor dad had to somersault around all 4 bases. It was hilarious and the kids LOVED it!! Ryan also got to shoot a BB gun and a bow and arrow! He really loved the archery and was really good at it! He hit the bulls eye 3 times! We stayed int he castle and had a room to ourselves. It was nice. They also had a fort and a miner's camp. We visited the miner's camp so the boys could play in the mine. We had few activities in the fort. They were all really well done! Ryan was really nervous about spending the night somewhere else. He watches TV at home until he falls asleep, at camp it was lights out at 10pm and then nothing! Well we kept our flashlights on and talked for a while and then he was out and slept great, I was very proud of him. I took 339 pictures, I was the unofficial pack photographer. I won't post them all...not to worry. They also went swimming, had a flag ceremony, an all faiths worship, meals, nature hike, a trading post to shop at and a lot of other things. It was a non stop weekend! Ryan loved it! We will definitely do it again!

6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

wow, that sounds like an amazing experience. Sammy would love that. Did it matter if mom or dad brought him. I didn't see any other moms there (in the pics).

I can't wait to ask him about it.

Kevin is great at all that kind of stuff with shooting so the bullseyes don't surprise me. Good for him!!

Char said...

Wow, that looks awesome!
Where was it? Was the castle built just for the cub scouts? Did everyone sleep in the castle?
I wanna do that! haha!
I'm glad you had fun. It looks like a lot of fun.

Carrie said...

It looks and sounds like a great time.

I love all the pictures!

Amanda said...

How cool! That sounds awesome!
I would have been nervous with the archery and bb guns, but how cool for him to get to do that!

I am glad you had fun. Answer Char's questions cause I want to know too!

Cheryl said...

Only our pack slept in the castle. Others stayed in the other areas. I think it is only for scouts. They do rent the camp out to other big groups I think.

kellerie said...

that looks fantastic! what a great way to bond with your kid. he'll remember that forever.