Monday, May 12, 2008

OH my Deer...





The strangest thing happened when I got home form the gym. I pulled in the driveway and a deer was just standing there. He moved over a little to make room for my car. He just stood there as I got out of the car and of course ran for my camera. He was just standing in the yard, lazily walking around. I followed it taking pictures of it. I was standing about 5 feet from it and it just looked at me. He wagged it's tail at the neighbors dog, he looked like he wanted to play. I took a ton of pictures while talking to my neighbor who saw 2 deer playing the street yesterday morning. I then decided to go get my video camera. Of course I had to change the tape and it is a new camera so it took me awhile. But when I got back out there he was still just standing there eating grass. By then he had crossed the street but was really no further away. He wasn't bothered by me at all, even my girls came out and didn't scare him. he was so darn cute, just a little button buck. Ryan is going to be so upset he missed it. I called Kevin and went out side while telling him about it and the deer was just strolling down the street eating leaves as he came to them. It was really awesome!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh deer, that is sooo cool!!! Put the video on here!!! Poor Ry, he's going to be soo sad......maybe the deer will come back for another visit when Ry is home.

Cheryl said...

More pics on Ryan's blog. I don't know how to do a video?? I will have to have Kev help me!

Char said...

that's is so neat!! ya, maybe the deer will come back and Ryan will be able to see it!

Amanda said...

That would have been cool. I wonder why it wasn't scared, especially of the dogs!?

SamandSawyersMom said...

whoa that is awesome

Carrie said...

That is so adorablE! We had a deer run through our backyard a couple weeks ago. They are so pretty.

Carrie said...

That is so adorablE! We had a deer run through our backyard a couple weeks ago. They are so pretty.

Carrie said...

That is so adorablE! We had a deer run through our backyard a couple weeks ago. They are so pretty.