Saturday, December 1, 2007

Train Ride to the North Pole









We went on our first train ride today. It was at the Lebanon Monroe Railroad. It was really fun, Ryan was so excited to get on and had a hard time waiting for our turn. The ride itself was really pleasant, rocking and watching the trees go by. We all liked it. At the North Pole which Dad said was in Monroe, we saw Rudolph, Santa and Mrs. Claus. Ryan also wrote a letter to Santa and put it in his personal mailbox. Mrs. Claus gave him a little present, it was a Rudolph jingle bell. We had yummy cookies and hot chocolate. there were elves making balloon stuff the kids. Ryan got reindeer antlers, a flying reindeer and a sword set. He was thrilled with the whole experience. He didn't want to get off at the end. Sounds like a wonderful day right? Well the best part was still to come. Ryan really enjoyed the whole thing and would have been happy with that but Grandpa had a little surprise in the works...stay tuned for that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Lebanon Monroe Railroad!We went there last year with my sister and her kids and my parents when it was Thomas The Tank (think it was in September) It was all really neat...I loved the train ride too!

I can't wait to hear what Ryan's surprise is!!!

Char said...

Oh the suspense it killing me!!! haha!
It sounds awesome. I love the picture of you with RYAN'S balloon antlers. haha!

Crystal said...

Looks like loads of fun!

Pack Rat Papa said...

Okay I posted on my blog so you don't have to look at my puffy face.The train ride was fun but slow and everyone was chilly.Afterwards was more fun for Ryan anyway

Lura said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I read about this in the newspaper this summer. The paper got thrown out before I could clip the article to find out the dates.Itlooks like you got the reindeer antlers, not Ryan.I know, I know, they get everything but we are responsible for their things.haha