Monday, April 2, 2007

Our Evening

We finally picked a grill and bought it and lots of neat accessories at Lowe's. It was fun. Ryan and I also got little Green House starter kits and seeds. he is so excited to plant flowers he just can't wait. He can't understand that they will die if we plant them now. So we are going to start plants in our basement to be planted in the yard later. We got the grill home and moved it to the back deck all 275 pounds of it and the stupid thing was dented. They are coming tomorrow to pick up the bad one and bring a new one. That is always the way things work for us, oh well tomorrow it will all work out. I also baked about 5 dozen cupcakes for the various Easter parties we have this week. I am going to decorate them like Easter baskets with eggs in them. I hope they turn out good. I will post pictures tomorrow once I decorate them. I have to change most of the traditional decorations because the kids in Ryan's class don't like coconut or jelly beans. So I am using green icing and a special tip to hopefully make it look like grass and then M&M's for the eggs. So let's hope they turn out looking like baskets. I am going to watch a few shows and then it is off to bed.

11 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh i bet those are really cute ilove cupcakes oh how i love me some cupcakes..were they yellow cake?

Crystal said...

Girlfriend, you are always creating somethin cute! I'm jealous!

Crystal said...

Hey, why did you take that other post off???

Cheryl said...

I made yellow and chocolate.

Char said...

the cupcakes sound adorable!
glad you got the grill, sorry it was dented!
Can't wait to see the pictures of the cute cupcakes.

Crystal said...

Thank you again Cheryl! I can't wait to hear what you got!!! I will drive to Sonya's tomorrow and give her the money so let me know how much it is, k?

Jen said...

i know what you mean, it seems like when we buy something it's usually messed up and it drives me nuts!!!
can't wait to see cupcakes.

Crystal said...

I went to the webkin website and saw the chiwahwah........he's too cute and I saw the cool chair too.......Daws will love it! THANK YOU SO MUCH.......AND THANK YOU TOO, RYAN!

Carrie said...

I have a funny story about our grill! You think getting a dented one is bad...when we bought ours from Sears in Florence mall, we bought it already assembled and put in Matt's truck. As we loaded it in the truck I said to Matt "do you think it will fall out"? He thought it would be fine so we left the parking lot. We were turning out of the mall parking lot onto Mall Road (which is a very busy road) and we hit a HUGE pothole and the stinking grill fell out of the back of his truck! I couldn't believe it! Matt got out and went onto the busy road (the grill was in the middle of the road) and rolled the grill over to the side of the road! It was so embarassing! A man stopped to help load it back in the truck. We were scared it would fall out again, so stupid me volunteered to sit in the bed of the truck to hold it in place. It was FREEZING!! I think it was some time in March when this happened a few years ago. I was frozen by the time we got home and the stinking grill has scratches on it. No dents which is good and it still worked after the spill!

Cheryl said...

Oh my that is too funny. Well you probably don't think so but what a story. We got our old grill from Sears we loved it and it is still good we just wanted one of the new stainless steel ones. And it is a lot bigger.

Crystal said...

ha ha that's hilarious Carebear!