Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our Day

Today we went to Ryan's school to help out his teacher from last year and to visit with his new teacher. It went really well. He loves his new classroom. He got to feed the 2 turtles they have, see his desk and find out that he and his teacher have something very important in common. They both love Jack Sparrow and Pirates of the Caribbean. SO he was very impressed with that. He also saw a butterfly coming out of it cocoon. By the end of the day it's wings had dried and it flew away. Then tonight was their open house. So he got to visit his room again and see his desk and cubby, plus his friends were there. They have divided the class into houses and they can earn points for good behavior in the halls and lunch room and stuff like that, The house that wins each quarter gets a golden goose trophy. Ryan loved this idea because it's just like Harry Potter. He is getting excited and worried about having to leave me but I think this teacher is going to be GREAT for him.

10 comments:

Char said...

That is great that he got to meet and spend some time with his new teacher. She sounds neat. He will be in heaven with animals in his classroom. Yeah!
The points thing is neat. I hope his class wins. When does school start?

Char said...

Oh and I've been meaning to tell you that I love your new music on your blog.

Cheryl said...

Thanks Charity! He starts Monday.

Crystal said...

WOW! That sounds like the perfect classroom for Ryan!!! Take lots of pics of his first day!!!

Carrie said...

Thats great Ryan and his teacher have something in common! It will probably help him whe he has to be away from you.

Carrie said...

Oh, by the way, Usually when I am blogging I am feeding Olivia and each time I come to yours she stops and listens to your music! She likes it!!!

Lura said...

So is this kindergarten? And is it all day?

Cheryl said...

He is in first grade, all day.

Anonymous said...

I`m the opposite of you and Ryan. I am the one who suffers from separation anxiety not Autumn. She has come a long way. She used to be like that.Nobody could even talk to her even with me being right there.My 6y.o.baby is so grown.

kellerie said...

that sounds like a really fun classroom. i like the point idea.