Saturday, May 5, 2007

Unbelievable Deal

This is a great story. My dad goes to auctions all the time. He buy truck loads of stuff for hardly any money. Some stuff he buys to keep and other times he sells it at our yard sale. I have gone with him it is really fun. Sometimes you will be bidding on something you want and they keep adding other stuff or boxes of stuff so people will bid more. Unfortunately you end up with a bunch of junk you don't want to get a thing you want. Anyway sometimes my dad will buy a whole table of boxes for like $4 because no one else is bidding on it and they want to get rid of it. Well a couple weeks ago he bought a box of stuff for $5 because there was something he wanted. Well there was a bunch of other junk in the box too. He found some old tickets to the Indy 500 from 1940. He called me and asked me to look on ebay to see if anyone was selling any. There was one listed and it was used and not in very good condition, dad were not used and in mint condition. The one I found listed was selling for almost 60 bucks. I couldn't believe it. So a few days later Kevin listed Dad's on ebay. Within minutes someone had e-mailed Kev to see if he would take $300 for the 1 ticket. We thought they must be joking!! Of course Kev said we would take the 300 if they paid by paypal right then. They did, Kev then told them we had 2 more tickets if he wanted them for $300 too. They ended up buying all 3 tickets for $750.00. Can you believe that? My dad paid 5 bucks for a box of stuff and didn't even know the tickets were in there and made $745. I just thought you all would like that story.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so cool! I bet your dad was thrilled!

Crystal said...

As Stephanie Tanner would say..........WHOA BABY!!!!!

Carrie said...

OH MY GOSH!! I can't wait to share this with my dad...he LOVES the Indy 500, he loves IRL racing in general. We go to the 500 every year, for the past 12 years and my dad looks so forward to it too!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

after reading this I called and asked my dad of i could borrow 745 bucks. He's getting back to me.